Y-Type Strainers are typically used in application where the amount of solids to be removed is small, and where frequent clean – out is not required.
They are most commonly used in pressurized lines, gas or liquid, but can also be used in suction or vacuum conditions.
“Y” Strainer mechanically removing solids from flowing liquids, Air, Steam or gases by means of a perforated or wire mesh straining element.
OPERATING PRINCIPLES –
Y-Strainer has the advantage of being able to be installed in either a horizontal or vertical position.
The screening element or “leg” must be on the “downside” of the strainer body so that entrapped solids can be properly collected and held for disposal.
A blow down plug on the drain port will allow clean-out without removal of the screen, and without interrupting the process flow.
Y Type Strainer (Y Type Inline Filter)
Bolted Cover Design
Size Range – 1″ to 12″
Pressure Rating – 125# / 150#
End Connection Flanged End
FEATURES & OPTIONS:-
- Highly durable that makes it a part of various industrial applications
- The affordable rates content our clients to the utmost level
- Can be availed in customized specifications
- Negligible maintenance
- Easy cleaning or replacing the element.
- Compact size and Low weight
- Low Pressure drop across the filter.
- Low Installation and maintenance.
- With Drain Arrangement on request
- Adequate strength of element and housing
- Interchangeability of component with another of same type.
- Wire mesh up to 5 Micron
- Design & Testing International Standard
MATERIAL OF CONSTRUCTION:-
- Body & Cover
Cast Iron to ASTM A 126 Class B
IS 210 GR. FG 200 / 220 / 260
Cast Carbon Steel to ASTM A 216 GR. WCB
Stainless Steel to ASTM A 351 GR. CF 8 / 8M / 3 / 3M
Carbon Steel to IS 2062 (Fabricated Type)
S.S. 304 / 316 / 304L / 316L (Fabricated Type)
Others on request
- Mesh (Element)
DESIGN & TESTING INTERNATIONAL STANDARD:
Design Std. : Mfg. Standard
Pressure Testing : Mfg. Standard
Face To Face : Mfg. Standard
Flange Drilling : ANSI B 16.5 / BS 10 Table / DIN / IS 6392
Pressure Rating : 125#, 150#
Size Range : 40mm (1½”) To 300mm (12”)